Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Proposal

The engagement.

Even the worst blogger in the world has to write a message about this… As some of you know I am now engaged. ☺

Thought I would give a little background info first:

As many people know, I left the US to go the UK on January 19, 2008. I was going over for work and the last thing I was thinking about was a relationship. After just being here for a few weeks, I went out with a running group and met Arthur.
We instantly clicked and started hanging out. After date 5 he finally kissed me… or as I remember it I kissed him. Since then we have spent most of our free time together. It has been almost exactly 9 months. This past week was Arthur’s half term from school (Half term is a week off school for all the American readers), so we planned a trip to Italy. We spent 3 days in Rome and 3 days in Cinque Terre. I will write a detailed blog about the trip later this week, but this blog is about the proposal…

The last night we were in Cinque Terre, Arthur and I took a walk down to the Sea front…. It was beautiful, the sea was still very rough and the sun was setting. He started to make up stories to pass time, because there were other people around us… and for some reason he was stalling and didn’t want to walk to other areas. Finally when we were standing there alone. He asked me If I would marry him. I of course said Yes and gave him a huge hug and kiss. The next thing I thought was, so am I engaged? I’m still not sure it has sunk in, but I have had a permanent smile on my face since. I have been on cloud 9 and feel so blessed that I have ended up with someone who is as wonderful as Arthur.

Below is a pic right after he proposed... the next moment the camera died... so this is the only pic...

1 comment:

B said...

Congratulations to you both!