Sunday, January 27, 2008

Safe and sound.

Hello everyone… sorry I haven’t been updating my blog, but I guess better late than never right. To be honest so much as gone on I’m not sure where to start. I guess starting with the place I live would be good. I’m staying in a service apartment hotel… Basically I have a studio apartment that someone comes and changes my sheet and towel, if I forgot to put the dishes in the dishwasher they have done that too. But knowing someone is going to come in makes me keep my place cleaner. I started off in an apartment right above the downstairs bar… which was fine but at night I can hear the people who are outside… and I was in the middle size studio and was supposed to be in the larger studio… they moved me to the 9th floor and a bigger place. When I moved in here on Wednesday I finally got to unpack. It has been interesting because my wardrobe had 6 hangers, I bought 8 more, but there isn’t room for much more than that. There are also no drawers so I have everything folded on shelves. I have my undergarments I cloth bags so that they aren’t out in the open. I don’t think everyone wants to see that. Oh I also did laundry for the first time… which was very entertaining. In my place I have washer and dryer in one. I threw in two pair of jeans. I ran through the wash dry cycle… but my jeans were still fairly wet when I took them out so I threw them if for just drying, but I’m not sure what I did wrong cause several hours later the mashing was still going. I tried to stop it and remove my pants but the door wouldn’t open. I ended up having to run another wash / dry cycle to get my stuff out. Note: there are no user manuals for how anything works… so with each appliance in my place I seem to have had difficulties.

Last night I went out to a pub and then to a club with a family friends running team. It was VERY interesting. The club played a mix of music the most random music most of which I didn’t know but there sounded like there was stuff from the 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 and also a little bit of reggae… at times I felt like I was on the set of Austin powers with the way people were dancing. It was a great time.

I will write another blog on driving… for now I will just say… I’m getting better at it…. I’m off to run some errands in the city center. Hope everyone is doing great!

Cheers, Danielle

1 comment:

B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.